MOORESVILLE, N.C. (May 28, 2019) – After picking up $1 million in the Monster Energy All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) driver Kyle Larson didn’t let off the gas pedal. He competed in six events this past week, two Outlaw Kart races, three World of Outlaw NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series events and the longest MENCS race of the season, the Coca-Cola 600.

On Tuesday in his QRC KLR 1k Open Outlaw Kart, Larson competed in the Cook Out $1k Showdown and qualified for Wednesday’s QRC Speed51 Open presented by HMS Motorsport at Millbridge Speedway in Salisbury, N.C. He started off the night by qualifying third for the Cook Out Showdown and won his heat race. Before the feature event, Larson earned quick time for the following night’s QRC Speed51 Open. He started the 25-lap $1,000-to-win Cook Out Showdown from third and made several late-race charges for the lead before ultimately finishing in the runner-up spot.

“I felt really good there, in that feature,” said Larson.  “I just didn’t do a good job on restarts.  I’d spin my tires and allowed Chase [Madjic] to get to my inside, and that was kind of the race after that.  It was fun to race like that. It was a pretty good track, hopefully it’s like that tomorrow.”

The following night, the Elk Grove, Calif., native finished second in his heat race and advanced into the Pole Shuffle at Millbridge Speedway where he earned the fourth starting position for the 51-lap feature event. Larson claimed the lead immediately and led all 51 laps en route to victory. To watch a full replay of the QRC Speed51 Open presented by HMS Motorsport, CLICK HERE.

“I was really happy with my car when I was driving, but we seemed to have all sorts of gremlins tonight,” said Larson.  “With the cases on the engine, with the damage I got from the heat, and then the pole shuffle the wing coming apart and then in the feature the pipe coming apart.  Everything tonight was trying to take the win away from us, but we were able to overcome it all and get the win. I had so many people helping me out tonight from my NASCAR team, even Denny Hamlin was down here helping out.  A lot of support tonight and I can’t say thanks enough.”

Friday, Larson competed at The Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway for the opening night of the Patriot Nationals with the World of Outlaws in the Silva Motorsports/Chevrolet Accessories/Finley Farms No 57. Larson qualified fourth and finished second in his heat race to advance to the DIRtVision Fast Pass Dash. He went on to win the dash and then led 25 of the 30 laps in the feature event before surrendering the lead in lapped traffic to eventual race winner, Giovanni Scelzi. For race highlights, CLICK HERE.

“Second is always a good spot to be because you can see the leader struggling and make your move, which Gio did.” Larson said. “I made a mistake through that corner, I just arched out too much and got the car bent and then I lost my right rear grip, which didn’t help for my exit speed.”

The following night, Larson qualified ninth and finished fourth in his heat race. After starting 12th, Larson had worked his way into the top-five in a race that was troubled with blown tires. Unfortunately, on the final lap of the 30-lap feature event, the pilot of the Silva Motorsports No. 57 suffered the same misfortune, resulting in a 15th-place score.

After late race contact resulted in severe damage to Larson’s Credit One Bank No. 42 Chevrolet and a 33rd-place finish, Larson boarded a plane Monday afternoon and headed for Lawrenceburg Speedway. He qualified third at The Burg and won his heat race, advancing him into the DIRTVision Fast Pass Dash. Larson started and finish second to fellow NASCAR star, Christopher Bell, and the pair made up the front row for the 35-lap feature event.

Larson didn’t get a great start at the drop of the green flag and slipped back as far as fifth. He slowly started regaining the lost spots and was back in the runner-up position by lap 17. He gradually started tracking down the leader, Bell, in lapped traffic and when Bell bobbled in turn two, Larson didn’t hesitate. Larson dove under Bell going into turn three and cleared him through the center of the corner. Bell charged back and both drivers held their lines going into turn one before Bell jumped the cushion, sending his car tumbling, ending his night. Larson went on to hold off charging 10-time and defending champion, Donny Schatz, and Friday night’s victor, Scelzi for the Memorial Day Spectacular win. For race highlights, CLICK HERE.

“I was a little rusty there on the start,” chuckled Larson in Victory Lane. “I got ate up by [Aaron] Reutzel, Gio there and Shane [Stewart] as well. I had to get into a rhythm and feel good up top, but once I got to second, I knew I would have a shot at Bell in lapped traffic. Not really sure what happened to him behind me, but Bell and I have had a lot of race in traffic together and he seems to pick and choose better than me, so it was nice to get the better of him tonight and be able to hold off Donny Schatz on the restart.”

Larson will be back in action this weekend at Pocono Raceway in Long Pond, Penn., for the Pocono 400.